Are you considering what the future of networks will look like?
If you’re looking in the same direction, FLOWCUTTER is for you!
Nobody knows what the future brings. We don’t know where and what problem in network we are going to investigate tomorrow. Hence, the most important for any analyst is AD HOC query response speed.
- FC queries raw dataset, no simplified aggregations
- Thus you can make any query you think of
Horizontal scaling of backend assures fast response even in huge datasets (1M+fps)
One UI to rule them all
It’s quite often within NOC/SOC that admins are using multiple tools for different kinds of telemetries, each with its own user interface. The 21st century approach is to collect many data sources, but display them in one unified UI.
Such an interface should be friendly, universal and open-source. Grafana + FLOWCUTTER Datasource allows for:
- Custom dashboards
- Custom visualizations
- Custom alarms
Multi-tenant as a service for customers
You can provide your most challenging customers with FLOWCUTTER as a service.
Multi-tenant solution is a form of cloud architecture within which multiple clients share the same hardware resources.
It means that several sub-networks or big customers of a service provider can utilize the one and the same FLOWCUTTER collector, each with his/her own credentials, setup, and dataset.
WE HAVE SOMETHING EXTRA
Scalable for the next 20 years
We think about what the future of networks will look like. If you are looking in the same direction, the FLOWCUTTER is for you!
- Traffic doubles every 3 years.
- A solution that was ok yesterday, won’t be able to analyse huge flow datasets of tomorrow (1M+fps). And you might be forced to compromise!
- FLOWCUTTER is horizontally scalable – can be deployed to 1 server or cluster of 20 nodes.
- It will run smoothly even if your traffic increases 40x.
A traffic analysis tool cannot live in isolation. It should play fair with other boxes in your NOC/SOC software stack.
- Support all formats: sFlow, Netflow, syslog, …
- Provide full access & control via API
Export to open-source telemetry databases (e.g. Prometheus, Zabbix, Citrix)
East-west fabric visibility
Are you interested in obtaining visibility into traffic inside your data center?
FLOWCUTTER is a tool with properties just for that, for Fabric Visibility.
- Get detailed insight info “east-west” traffic.
- It’s required that your “spine” switches can export flow data.
Troubleshooting in microservice architecture will never be the same.
Alerting and network health
Each network is unique, with different segmentation, traffic composition. In order to be able to observe change in network behavior, monitoring has to be fine tuned individually. Don’t assume that vendor’s approach is the best for your network.
- Monitors – preventive indicators defined as any arbitrary cut of flow dataset
- Custom fixed and adaptive threshold and detection rules
Anomaly and threat detection
Our networks take place on the complex battlefield of today’s cyber warfare.
Every new technology and update brings new vulnerabilities. Pro network operators and their customers is responsible to detect threat from network traffic, such as:
- Volumetric DDoS
- Communication with known malware C2C
- Lateral movement (e.g. open SSH/ Telnet port scans)
- Brute-force attacks
- Exfiltration of sensitive databases via ICMP or DNS protocol
- Anomalies in BGP routing
Every FLOWCUTTER instance has multi-level support.
Our team pro-actively monitors each device under our support. It’s treated as a “service”. We do preventive maintenance when there’s a threat of its function degradation.
Security is part of our DNA. We will be glad to share our experiences and recommendations.
Only in case of data centers, backbone and peering networks, FLOWCUTTER can be deployed on your own infrastructure (your own servers).
Pouze pro data centra, páteřní a peeringové sítě lze FLOWCUTTER nasadit na vaši vlastní infrastrukturu (servery).
- FLOWCUTTER is deployed by our team via monitored jump servers
- as orchestrated Docker containers.
- We use IaaC (infrastructure as a code) for fast configuration and update rollout.
- Linux required (tested on Debian OS).
Effective data analysis
Reliable source of forensic data
Forensic data is fundamental